Hi guys, today I would like to talk about the post processing workflow I used for a landscape photo I took at Ranco, Lake Maggiore a couple of days ago.
Firstly, the image is a 73 sec shot taken on the Eastern side of beautiful Lake Maggiore, Italy. I used a ND Filter that helped me reveal the beautiful blue hour colors impressed in the image. I started shooting at sunset and changed locations in order to take advantage of the different perspectives the lake offers. Depending on the time of the day, the light changes a lot. Blue hour is my favorite big time.
As always, the image that you see on your home monitor is by far different from what my eyes saw on the scene. In this case though, the RAW file was not that bad but still needed to be fixed in Lightroom.
Here below a quick summary of the main tools I used in Lightroom to emphasize the beauty of the scene. Hope you find it useful:
- Base Adjustments
1) adjusted the highlights (all the way left)
2) opened up the shadows (+70)
3) increased the whites (+30)
4) closed the blacks (-12)
5) increased Vibrance (+20)
1) closed the whites (-40)
2) opened the shadows (+35)
3) increased the mid tones a little bit
- Tone Separation
1) Emphasized the light colors using saturation @ 20
2) Emphasized the shadow colors using saturation @ 20
3) Balance set @ 30
1) Increased sharpness (+65)
2) Masking up (+40)
- Lens Profile Correction
1) Used auto lens profile correction for Nikkor 14mm-24mm
- Dodge & Burn
1) Carefully applied the radial filter in Lightroom in order to create some more color dynamic range.
Hope you find this quick guide useful. If so subscribe to my newsletter which includes several tips on how to improve your post processing workflow. Keep it up!
Laowa 12mm f/2.8
Nikkor 24-70 Z f/4
Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8
Nikkor 35-70mm f/2.8
Nikkor 50mm f/1.8
Nikkor 70-200mm f/4.0
Sigma 150-600mm Sport
Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 Tripod
Manfrotto MHXPRO-BHQ2 Pro Head
This website uses marketing and tracking technologies. Opting out of this will opt you out of all cookies, except for those needed to run the website. Note that some products may not work as well without tracking cookies.Opt Out of Cookies